MANDATORY POLICY TO REQUIRE ALL DEPARTMENTS TO USE THE CITYU LODGE (只提供英文版本)
The CityU Lodge was established to provide quality and convenient accommodation facilities on campus to support the University's rapid growth of academic activities. The CityU Lodge also serves as the University's strategic development to enhance the campus environment and provide the necessary environment for the increasing number of world-renowned scholars to come to the University for scholarly activities, exchanges, and collaborations.
In the President's Cabinet meeting held in August 2021, it was endorsed that it is a mandatory requirement that all departments book the Lodge as the priority for their guests and visitors and for holding academic activities. Please strictly adhere to this requirement when making accommodations for guests and visitors invited by your College/department/Office/Unit.
CityU Lodge will issue a confirmation letter to prove that the Lodge cannot accommodate your request:
1. CityU Lodge can only provide a partial room(s) for your department;
2. CityU Lodge cannot provide room for the entire period requested by your department.
- CityU Lodge (the Lodge) is located at Academic Exchange Building (AEB) of City University of Hong Kong with 80 guestrooms. The Lodge provides accommodation for the University guests and participants of various University programs and activities. It is not open to the public. Only authorized departmental delegates (“Eligible Booker”) are eligible to book the accommodation via the Lodge Booking System.
- All Individual Reservations should be booked through the Lodge Booking System. Eligible Booker has to login to the Lodge Booking System through the Lodge website “Book Now”. Group reservations should be booked directly with the Lodge via email@example.com.
- Reservations for 1 to 4 rooms are classified as Individual Reservations. A single booking with 5 rooms or above will be classified as a Group Reservation.
- Accommodation for spouse, children and relatives of the guest is subject to department’s approval.
- Advanced booking is accepted up to 12 months. Guestrooms are allocated on a first-come first-serve basis. Room reservation can only be guaranteed for the period specified in the booking confirmation issued by the Lodge.
- The Booker will receive an “Automatic Booking Notification” after submitting the booking. The Lodge then will send a “Reservation Confirmation” to the booker. The Head of Department should sign and chop on the “Reservation Confirmation” and send the Confirmation to the Lodge Front or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the payment is settled by an individual guest, the guest should present a credit card during the guest's arrival.
- Under normal circumstances, guests are required to check-in after 14:00 hours and check out before 12:00 hours. Guests will be charged half of a daily rate for late check-out after 12:00 hours up to 18:00 hours. Guests who check out after 18:00 hours will be charged a full daily rate.
- Room reservations, special requests, late check-out and extensions are subject to room availability and confirmation from the Lodge.
- Cancellation and/or change of bookings will be subject to the penalty charges specified in Individual and Group Reservations Policies and Procedures.
- No provision is to be made for request for change of room except under special situations such as major building or equipment failure that make the room not habitable. Approval for change of room has to be made by the Lodge Manager.
- The Lodge and CityU will not be held responsible for failure to execute obligations specified herein directly or indirectly occasioned by or through or in consequence of war, change of statutes of Government, strikes, riots and act of god or any other conditions beyond the control of the Lodge. In the event of non-performance due to the above reasons, the payment can be used for future function in the next 6 months.
- Office of Vice President (Administration) reserves the right to revise these notes from time to time subject to operational needs without prior notice.
BOOKING POLICY & PROCEDURE
Reservations within 1 – 4 rooms are treated as Individual Reservation
- All Individual Reservations should be booked through the Lodge website “Book Now”. The Lodge will not accept any other kinds of booking channel. Eligible bookers must log in to the booking channel by inputting the CityU login and password for room reservations.
Forms of Payment
On Guest’s Own Account
The Lodge will email the guest to obtain credit card information (name and credit card number) for guarantee reservation.
On Department’s Account (Room + Breakfast)
✓ Name of Booker
✓ Name of Department
✓ Department Code
✓ Account Code
✓ Project Code
✓ Booker’s phone number
✓ Booker’s email address
✓ Please obtain department head’s signature & chop on the form, send it back to Lodge with project & account codes, and the purpose of visit by email at least 14 days prior to guest arrival. If the lead time is shorter than 14 days, please send it no later than the following day. Otherwise, the booking will be auto-released.
✓ Email Address of the Lodge: email@example.com
Reservation Confirmation with reservation number will be sent to the guest / booker’s email address.
In order to secure the booking and control the room inventory, either deposit or guarantee by the booker’s confirmation with departmental stamp, is required on a specified deadline.
Free amendment is allowed 14 days prior to the arrival and subject to room availability.
Free cancellation is allowed 14 days prior to the arrival. Otherwise, full room payment for the whole period of stay (Maximum 14 days) will be applied.
No Show Penalty
In the event of no-show, full room payment with the whole period of stay (Maximum 14 days) will be applied as a penalty, the bill will be sent to Finance Office.
The credit card provided during the time of reservation is required to be present upon check-in.
A deposit for incidental charges by cash or credit card is required upon check-in.
BOOKING POLICY & PROCEDURE
A single booking with 5 rooms or above will be classified as a Group Reservation.
Below information has to be provided through CityU’s email domain to firstname.lastname@example.org.
✓ Name of the Department
✓ Information of Booker
✓ Check-In Date
✓ Check-Out Date
✓ Number of Rooms
✓ Number of Guests
✓ Room Type
✓ Arrival Flight / Train Schedule with Estimated Arrival Time
✓ Special Request (if applicable)
✓ Payment Methods (Departmental project code and Account code / Guest Own Account)
A group confirmation with captioned booking details, room rate, guarantee policy, payment terms, amendment, cancellation, and no-show policy will be issued to the booker by the Lodge.
Room reservations, special requests, late check-out and extensions are subject to room availability and confirmation from the Lodge.
Forms of Payment
When placing group reservation, the booker should advise the form of payment. The basic forms of payment are listed as below:
✓ All expenses will be on department’s account
✓ Room payment will be on department’s account, other expenses will be on guest’s own account.
Acceptance of the Group Confirmation
Bookers have to obtain department head’s signature, departmental stamp with project & account codes on the Group Confirmation. Return the form before a specified deadline in order to confirm and guarantee the Group Reservation. Otherwise, the room blockage will be released automatically without prior notice.
The guaranteed room revenue will be applied as below once the Lodge receives the acceptance of the Group Confirmation from the booker.
✓ 60 days prior to the arrival: Guaranteed 30% of the total room revenue
✓ 30 days prior to the arrival: Guaranteed an additional 50% of the total room revenue
✓ 14 days prior to the arrival: Guaranteed the remaining balance of the total room revenue
Free amendment will be offered as below:
✓ Less than 60 days prior to the arrival:
10% of the total no. of reserved rooms is allowed for amendment.
✓ Less than 30 days prior to the arrival:
5% of the total no. of reserved rooms is allowed for amendment.
✓ Less than 14 days prior to the arrival:
No amendment is allowed
In case of any late amendment exceeding the captioned percentage of the total no. of reserved rooms; a penalty charge will be applied.
In case of any group cancellation after the acceptance of the Group Confirmation, the Guaranteed Room Revenue listed above will be charged as cancellation penalty, and the group blockage will be released accordingly.
In the event of no-show, full room payment for the whole period (maximum 14 days) of stay will be applied as a penalty. The bill will be sent to Finance Office.
Deposit for Incidental Charge
The Lodge accepts below payment methods:
✓ Credit card (VISA and Master card only)
✓ Billing to the booker
A deposit for incidental charges is required by cash or credit card upon check-in, and refundable to guest upon check-out in case of no extra consumption during the stay.
a. Preliminary Rooming List: 30 days prior to the arrival
b. Final Rooming List with arrival details: 14 days prior to the arrival